Sylvan Gardens is seeking an experienced and dedicated Landscape Designer to build and strengthen customer relationships and assist our Design & Installation and Sales teams.
In addition to creating custom, high-quality landscaping plans, part of the Landscape Designser's job is to ensure that customer concerns are understood and visions are aligned. You’ll be tasked with developing unique landscape designs, estimating job requirements and preparing proposals.
Sylvan Gardens currently uses Dynascape to render computer-generated planview and 3D Designs, but we are open to utilizing other software packages.
The Landscape Designer will also communicate job requirements to the Installation Team and ensure quality work by following up with customers, paying special attention to challenges specific to each job. You will be responsible for building strong, long-term relationships with a wide range of clients.
As a Landscape Designer, you'll be an important conduit between sales teams, clients and installation crews. Duties include:
- Demonstrating and living out the company fundamentals and culture
- Models and enforces all company policies and procedures
- Monitors, mentors, and leads team in order to balance company goals with employee satisfaction
- Prepare unique, high quality designs that fit the wants/needs of the client and space
- Oversee and monitor daily production of enhancements, turf and ornamental applications, irrigation and snow removal.
- Develop delivery schedule deadlines and oversee the development of production planning and schedule creation
- Establish staffing levels for each month based upon need
- Effective compilation of site analyses during estimation phase
- Coordinate projects between Operations Managers and Foremen
- Prepare estimates, proposals, and contracts
- Foster and continuously improve client relationships throughout and after project completion
- Educate clients throughout design and installation, including plant care instructions
- Seek out ways to continuously improve the design and estimating functions
Creating new landscapes isn't about filling a space with plants or patios. Our custom outdoor designs are meant to capture inspiration from our clients. As a Landscape Designer, your work will start the process of bringing these ideas to life.
Residential builds are the core of our installation division. Our Landscape Designer position will start with clients' plans, enhancing their ideas and presenting them on the page. These design plans are equally important as sales tools as they are blueprints for our crews to work from.
Versatility and creativity are key. Our Landscape Designer should have a knack for both, keeping in touch with the sales and production teams while creating exciting, custom designs.
We require that all our Landscape Designer meet basic criteria, including:
- 2+ years of experience working with a range of residential and commercial customers on design projects
- A background in sales and customer relationship management, including estimating job requirements, and preparing proposals
- Experience creating 2D and 3D landscape designs using Dynascape, AutoCAD, SketchUp or Adobe
- Ability to prioritize work and communicate client requirements to Installation Teams
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, High School Diploma or GED required
- Landscape industry certification preferred
Compensation & Benefits
The Landscape Designer job is a full-time, senior-level position in the company with competitive pay and benefits.
Other benefits include:
- Annual Bonuses
- Company Vehicle
- Paid Vacation
- Medical Benefits
- $50,000 - $70,000 Salary (Pending Experience)
Where You’ll Fit In
(Click the trees in ascending order to view the hierarchy of available positions.)
Our entry-level position, laborers work regular seasonal hours in our maintenance and design/build teams. An ability to work with different crew leaders in season-specific jobs is key. Experienced laborers with a knack for problem solving are our first choice for new hires as crew leaders or in other management roles.
Compensation | $
Assistant Crew Supervisor
Our assistant crew leaders work closely with the crew leader/foreman to assist and direct laborers and job needs. Will work to create familiarity with our most prominent properties and all equipment. Assistant Crew Leaders can move quickly into roles as drivers and crew leaders.
Compensation | $$
Crew Supervisor / Foreman
Crew Leaders are the first rung in the management ladder. Our crew leaders work closely with laborers, operations managers and our clients to help take the work from designed to done. Crew Leaders are eligible for benefits including health insurance and paid time off, as well as assistance in earning green industry certifications. Strong knowledge of equipment, industry standard practices and a driver's license are essential.
Compensation | $$$
Operations Managers have broad responsibilities in production, management and customer relations. An ability to oversee projects from the design phase to completion & customer follow-up is a must, as is providing production staff with the material and guidance they need to complete work on time. Eligible for health insurance, company vehicle and other benefits, these positions require an ability to complete multiple production and management tasks at once.
Compensation | $$$$
Account managers are the first point of contact for our clients. The success of our company is founded on customer service, and those in this position maintain our reputation by understanding our clients' needs and concerns and relaying relevant information to the production staff. Eligible for all available benefits and bonus programs and continuing education assistance in green industry programs. Significant hands-on industry experience and formal landscape education required.
Compensation | $$$$$
Join the team that grows! We know it’s not enough to just offer a paycheck, and that’s why we offer careers our employees can take charge of.
We offer clear and specific career paths in our landscape maintenance and design & build teams, and work closely with our full-time staff to see that they can work their way up into new roles with greater responsibilities and benefits.
We always work to promote from within, making sure that a career at Sylvan Gardens is a lasting and fulfilling one. Start yours today by learning more about our roles and opportunities.
Are you interested in a career in the green industry? Browse our current openings in our landscape maintenance and design/build divisions below.