Behind the Scenes Essentials
Sylvan Gardens is seeking a full-time office manager to track the day-to-day essentials behind the scenes, touching on all aspects of the business from lead generation and recruiting to the finer details of time management, bookkeeping and CRM processes.
As the office manager, you'll be an important conduit between operations managers, clients and crews. Duties include:
- Responsible for demonstrating and living out company fundamentals and culture.
- Model and enforce all company policies and procedures.
- Send client satisfaction surveys, plant-care guides and other post-project material to clients.
- Post job openings and conduct preliminary screenings.
- Attend weekly meetings and keep minutes.
- Assess online reviews and ensure appropriate attention is received.
- Run weekly payroll (ADP).
- Standard bookkeeping: invoicing, bookkeeping, accounts receivable aging summaries, receipt entry, reconcile cash and credit cards & more (Quickbooks)
- Enter new hires into system and track all new-hire paperwork & processes.
- Manage Certificates of Insurance for customers and vendors.
- Ensure office is clean and organized, manage office inventory supplies and purchase new supplies.
- Organize and manage monthly Safety Committee Meeting.
- Assist in lead generation and assigning leads to sales & design teams.
- Managing employees and job follow-ups in internal software suite (LMN & LMN Time)
The Office Manager will work closely with operations managers to track and audit timesheet submissions, ensure employee attendance and manage legal and clerical matters in the office. Incoming client communications, lead generation and communication with the sales and design team is equally important, as are tracking metrics for jobsite performance and big-picture reporting.
General administrative tasks such as payroll and bookkeeping are essential functions in the office manager role. We are seeking a professional that can bring a high degree of organization and efficiency to our workplace.
With two distinct production divisions in installation and maintenance and a number of crews under each umbrella, tracking the behind the scenes essentials of these crews and their production is a full-time role. Proficiency in a host of software suites and an ability to track and communicate multiple threads of information is essential to keeping our business growing the right way.
An office manage must meet basic criteria, including:
- 2-plus years experience in an administrative assistant or office manager role.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to manage deadlines and effectively prioritize a changing workload.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Quickbooks and Timekeeping & CRM Software.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
The office manager role is a full-time position in the company with competitive pay and benefits.
Other benefits include:
- Annual Bonuses
- Employee Discount
- Paid Vacation
- Medical Benefits
- $30,000 - $40,000 Salary (Pending Experience)
Where You’ll Fit In
(Click the trees in ascending order to view the hierarchy of available positions.)
Our entry-level position, laborers work regular seasonal hours in our maintenance and design/build teams. An ability to work with different crew leaders in season-specific jobs is key. Experienced laborers with a knack for problem solving are our first choice for new hires as crew leaders or in other management roles.
Compensation | $
Assistant Crew Supervisor
Our assistant crew leaders work closely with the crew leader/foreman to assist and direct laborers and job needs. Will work to create familiarity with our most prominent properties and all equipment. Assistant Crew Leaders can move quickly into roles as drivers and crew leaders.
Compensation | $$
Crew Supervisor / Foreman
Crew Leaders are the first rung in the management ladder. Our crew leaders work closely with laborers, operations managers and our clients to help take the work from designed to done. Crew Leaders are eligible for benefits including health insurance and paid time off, as well as assistance in earning green industry certifications. Strong knowledge of equipment, industry standard practices and a driver's license are essential.
Compensation | $$$
Operations Managers have broad responsibilities in production, management and customer relations. An ability to oversee projects from the design phase to completion & customer follow-up is a must, as is providing production staff with the material and guidance they need to complete work on time. Eligible for health insurance, company vehicle and other benefits, these positions require an ability to complete multiple production and management tasks at once.
Compensation | $$$$
Account managers are the first point of contact for our clients. The success of our company is founded on customer service, and those in this position maintain our reputation by understanding our clients' needs and concerns and relaying relevant information to the production staff. Eligible for all available benefits and bonus programs and continuing education assistance in green industry programs. Significant hands-on industry experience and formal landscape education required.
Compensation | $$$$$
Join the team that grows! We know it’s not enough to just offer a paycheck, and that’s why we offer careers our employees can take charge of.
We offer clear and specific career paths in our landscape maintenance and design & build teams, and work closely with our full-time staff to see that they can work their way up into new roles with greater responsibilities and benefits.
We always work to promote from within, making sure that a career at Sylvan Gardens is a lasting and fulfilling one. Start yours today by learning more about our roles and opportunities.
Are you interested in a career in the green industry? Browse our current openings in our landscape maintenance and design/build divisions below.